Welcome to the Parents and Teachers Association at Badger Hill Primary School.
- The Friends of Badger Hill Primary School (Charity no. 1058826) is a charity that has been running since 1 October 1996.
- All parents, guardians, staff and governors are members of the PTA, and are referred to as Friends.
- Our Christmas and Summer fairs are long-standing annual events that represent the main source of fundraising for the PTA, but we are always looking for new and fun ideas in which we can all participate and help advance the education of pupils at Badger Hill Primary.
The goal of the Friends of Badger Hill is to advance the education of pupils in the school. We aim at developing more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school. We organise activities which support the school and advance the education of the pupils attending it, particularly for fundraising purposes. We aim at providing and assisting in the provision of facilities or items for education at the school not provided from statutory funds.
The activities of the PTA are organised by a Committee with membership as follows:
- Chair (elected at the AGM)
- Secretary (elected at the AGM)
- Treasurer (elected at the AGM)
- Two Friends (elected at the AGM)
- One member of the School Staff appointed by the school
- One school Governor appointed by the Governing Body
- The Head teacher (ex-officio)
(A quorum at a Committee meetings shall be 50% of the total current membership of the Committee members.)
Next AGM: 9 October 2019, 6.00-7.00 pm, School Hall. Amendments to the constitution will be voted, to remove the Two Friends and reduce the number of members to six. This is due to the challenges of enrolling parents to commit to those positions. A new committee will be elected , if you are interested in taking one of the officer positions (chair, treasurer, secretary), or want to nominate a member of the PTA, please contact us.
The most immediate request for funds (September 2019) is for books for all years, to restock home reading libraries, reading for pleasure books for classroom book corners, and the school library. The estimated cost of this request is £2000.
Plans for 2019-20
We are looking forward to a very active academic year in terms of fundraising events, but in order to do so, we need volunteers that will make this happen. It does not take much experience, just enthusiasm and a bit of your time, so please do make your voice heard!
(Unless other stated, events take place at School)
|Cheese and Wine||19 September 2019||6 – 7pm|
|Annual General Meeting||9 October 2019||6.15 – 7.30pm|
|Halloween Disco||25 October||KS1: 3.30 – 4.45pm
KS2: 5.00 – 6.30pm
|Cinema night||15 November 2019|
|Christmas Fair||6 December 2019||3.15 – 5.00pm|
|International Food Day||February|
|Spring Cleaning Garage Sale||May||Not in school|
|End of Year Disco||July|