“Science is simply the word we use to describe a method of organising our curiosity.”
What do we believe at Badger Hill?
At Badger Hill we believe that Science is important because it stimulates children’s curiosity about the living world by helping children understand, question and discuss scientific ideas and issues. Developing these (practical) skills further by using practical activities to engage all children in their Science learning.
We believe that developing the necessary scientific knowledge and conceptual understanding enables them to:
- ask and answer scientific questions;
- plan and carry out scientific investigations, using equipment, including computers, correctly;
- evaluate evidence and present their conclusions clearly and accurately;
- know and understand the life processes of living things;
- know and understand the physical processes of materials, electricity, light, sound and natural forces;
- know about the nature of the solar system, including the earth.
How do we achieve in Science at Badger Hill?
- Stimulating their curiosity about the living world.
- Helping them question and discuss scientific ideas and issues.
- Using practical activities to engage all children in their Science learning, helping develop their planning skills.
- Helping them find and present answers to scientific questions.
- Teaching them about the life processes of green plants, humans and other animals.
- Helping them understand about different materials, their properties, how they can be useful, how they can be separated and how they can be changed.
- Teaching them about electricity, forces, light and sound and the Earth and beyond.
We create lots of opportunities to enjoy and exhibit our Science skills and learning
We have community events, parents evenings and our ABC sharing days! We display our work proudly in our books, on Working Walls, displays and even social media feeds!
We create children who have a knowledgeable overview of the world around them and how it can inspire, motivate and challenge them to think and feel differently.
We create diverse citizens of the 21st century who are ready to explore the wonderful world which is waiting for them!