• To ensure clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for a school.
• To hold the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the school, its pupils, and the performance management of staff.
• Oversee the financial performance of the school and make sure its money is well spent.
• Setting policies and ensuring they are adhered to.
• Setting and monitoring the budget.
• Monitoring the progress that the school is making.
• Setting targets for school improvement.
Governing boards or committees are accountable to several "Stakeholders" for the way the school is managed, these include, parents, pupils, the local community and OFSTED. Governors are not involved in the operational running of the school.
Head Teacher - Mrs Vicky Whittingham
Chair of Governors - Mr John Sharpe
Parent Governor - Miss Kerrie Barrow
Community Governor - Miss Sue Clark
Parent Governor - Dr Terry Dillon
Community Governor - Mrs Hannah Gray
Staff Governor - Mrs Sarah Harland
Parent Governor - Dr Daniel Horsfall
Parent Governor - Mrs Sam Macey-Jones
Staff Governor - Mr Matt Oxley
Barbara Kybett - Clerk (Governance advisor)
Sophie Theakston - DHT (New Earswick Primary School)